The professional skill or practice of beautifying the face, hair, and skin.
Details of our cosmetology course is based on communication in the workplace, maintaining a clean environment, planning and organising your work.
Additionally there is the inclusion of details such as shampooing, conditioning, nail care of manicures and pedicures. Salon preparation for services.
A full development of hair shaping, colouring, chemicals,straightening, curling, retailing and more.
You will learn
- Perform communication interactive workplace
Maintain a safe, clean and efficient work environment
- Plan and organise work
Carry out measurement and calculations
Prepare clients for salon service
- Perform temporary hair colour services
- Perform styling roller placement and basic hair
- Perform services shampooing and conditioning
- Provide manicure and pedicure services
Perform hair shaping
- Remove chemicals from hair
Perform services semi-permanent hair colour
- Perform waving thermal straightening, curling and
- Merchandise products beauty care and related
- Receive and direct clients
- Schedule and check out clients
- Sell products and services
- Conduct financial transactions
- Perform stock control procedures
- Demonstrate retail beauty care products
- Apply nail enhancement
- Apply nail art
Design and apply make-up
- Provide facial treatments
- Provide lash and brow treatment
Provide treatments temporary epilation and bleaching
- Consult with clients and diagnose hair and scalp conditions
Treat hair and scalp
- Perform permanent wave and chemical straightening services
Entrance requirements: None. The minimum age for access to this qualification is 16 years of age.
Exam / assessment info: You will be assessed by continual observation throughout the course, to ensure that you have all the knowledge that you will need to practice your skills professionally. If you are opting to take the CVQ award a separate assessment day’s attendance and portfolio building is required.
Qualification / Certification: Upon successful completion of the course you will be awarded a ‘Cosmetology Certificate’ by The Cosmopolitan Institute . You also have the option of undertaking a CVQ qualification which will be assessed by an certified, qualified assessor from TVET (additional attendance and assessment fees are payable).